geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <>
Subject Re: console build error
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:17:51 GMT
Ken,  the error you are seeing is strange because I see where maven
downloads the correct version of ant:

> +----------------------------------------
> | Executing default Geronimo :: Console :: Portal Framework
> | Memory: 38M/58M
> +----------------------------------------
> Attempting to download ant-1.6.5.jar.
> 912K downloaded

But then fails to precompile the JSPs because one of the classes in that jar
is not found:

> preCompile:
>     [echo] Pre-compiling JSPs from
> /root/geronimo1.0/applications/console-framework/src/webapp to
> /root/geronimo1.0/applications/console-framework/target/geronimo-console-framework/WEB-INF/work.
>     [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/tools/ant/util/FileUtils

I tried to recreate the error by removing ant-1.6.5.jar from my local maven
repository but, as expected, maven downloaded the dependent jar and
successfully compiled the JSPs again.   However, I noticed in doing so that
the size of ant-1.6.5.jar I downloaded was 1009K instead of the size that
you downloaded 912K.  So I suspect that you may have a corrupt version of
ant-1.6.5.jar in your repository that you may want to redownload.

Best wishes,

View raw message