geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting Started on the Console
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:59:10 GMT
On 12/16/05, Jason Lenhart <jplenhart@yahoo.com> wrote:

> This is great.  I will look to start filling in the
> docs.  Put the new guy on the docs ;-D

You know how the code tends to run ahead of the docs :-)

In the meantime I am here in a tea bar and my buddy
> should be here shortly - we were going to review how
> we could help.  I am wondering if there is a list of
> portlets that need to be worked on ... saw the wiki.
> But I do not want to assume anything - someone might
> be working on something.

If you build from trunk then you'll see that there are several portlets in
the console that we didn't have time to implement for the 1.0 release so
they were commented out of the branch that we recently forked.  That would
be a good place to start looking.  Also, FYI the  portal framework used by
the console may undergo some surgery soon, so it would be best to focus on
the content of the individual portlets vs. the console as a whole.

I have some general questions as well - I am setting
> up my dev env.  I will finish up my build and see if I
> can my intellij up and going.  I guess my concern is
> that I do not see a geronimo plugin or svn plugin ...
> so I am doing everything at the command line.... I
> know there is a better way.

I personally use eclipse so can't help much with IntelliJ.   You may find
some info about Intellij in the wiki or mailing list archives.

Thanks,