geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confluence link on the welcome pages
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 16:23:00 GMT
I agree with Hernan that the current links in the welcome portlet are very
helpful.  But I think we should only keep them if we can be sure they won't
change in the foreseeable future.  IMO the best way to ensure that would be
to set up redirects and/or aliases under the HTTP server for
geronimo.apache.org.

For example, the "Problem Tracking Database" link in the welcome portlet
currently points at :
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10220
But it's likely that URL could become stale within the lifespan of the
Geronimo 1.0 console.

So instead the welcome portlet could point at:
http://geronimo.apache.org/problems
and the server could redirect to the actual address.

Can someone familiar with how the geronimo.apache.org HTTP server is
administered please advise whether or not this sounds like a reasonable
approach?

thanks,
Paul