geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bilal Bhatti" <bi...@neelo.com>
Subject RE: Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports? [status]
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:41:31 GMT
I would like to help. I'm not familiar with the POP3 or IMAP specs but I
can dig into them, once the work has been broken down to tasks. Is there
anything specific I can assist with?

Bilal

> Bruce/ Dain,
>
> Can u guys please comment on this?
> (below is the break down from my reading/research)
>
> I would like to know if this is going in release 1.0 or 1.x ?? (somebody
> else asked this question too)
>
> Since there is a smtp transport already written I believe there is at
> least a minimum implementation of the Message class.
>
> If so we can sub class it and provide POP3 or IMAP Message classes.
>
> However how work has been done on it mile MultiPart and MimePart etc..?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajith Attapattu.

-- bilal

-----
"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life,
when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic
about." - Einstein