geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Apache mini Geronimo (mini-G)
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:35:16 GMT
      I have not used java 5.0. But I think it should
work after few initial hiccups. With the new assembly
process, you would have to go through the plans and
comment out the GBeans not needed. We need to mark the
sections to comment out clearly. We also need to make
sure that the console can handle the missing
components.
 As described by David Jencks here is the latest (DJ
please confirm?) build process. Give it a try, and let
us know.

Thanks
Anita
On 11/21/05, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> 1. build geronimo + openejb using maven -o, maven -o
m:rebuild, or some
> such.  You can stop the build when you get to the
assembly module, and
> certainly when you get to itests.
>
> 2. build the plugins explicitly:
> cd plugins
> maven -o multiproject:install
> cd ..
>
> 3. build the configs:
> cd configs
> maven -o multiproject:install
> cd ..
>
> This step uses the packaging plugin to build all the
configurations we
> need for both jetty and tomcat servers, and installs
them in your local
> maven repo as .car files.
>
> 4. build the servers:
> cd assemblies
> cd j2ee-jetty-server
> maven -o clean default
>
> cd ../j2ee-tomcat-server
> maven -o clean default

> Warning:
> The configIds of these configurations are
incompatible with the
> configIds used by the previous assembly.  If you
deploy anything on
> these servers and you specify a parentId or an
import you will have to