geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Daughtrey <er...@schemacity.org>
Subject Re: Apache mini Geronimo (mini-G)
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:43:27 GMT

Faisal,

Once the installer is available(soon as the code for phase 1 is complete) this
will be fairly simple to do.  Currently, the installer actually places all
the components of Geronimo in the config repository and customizes config.xml
to only load the services requested in the install.

The install selections will be easy to repeat since the installer allows for
saving the selections in an XML file which can be fed to the installer to
repeat the same installation on another machine(a nice feature of IzPack).

The plan for the future of the installer is to also have it only install the
selected components into the repository.  I was just about to start a little
discussion on the subject when I saw this note.  Anyway, I think this should
be optional since it's currently good for experimentation that the installer
configures only a subset of the functionality, but actually installs all.
This way, folks who want to experiment with features by turning them on and
off in config.xml are free to do so.

regards,

erik

p.s. To build a Mini-G at build time, look at the assemblies/j2ee-jetty(or
tomcat)-server/project.xml.  It should be possible to create a custom
assemblies/j2ee-myconfig/project.xml which only includes the desired
components.  Note that the associated config.xml should be modified.
I don't necessarily recommend this approach, but that's what's going on....

--

Regards,

Erik