geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From toby cabot <t...@caboteria.org>
Subject Re: list-targets command
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 22:41:51 GMT
On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 02:13:33PM -0800, David Jencks wrote:
> Hmm, I would have thought that you would want the configurationManager
> to have several  config-stores (I think it does) but to pick one
> particular one for each deployer.  How does the deployer choose which
> one to put the new config into?

I don't know.  Taking the practical approach, I just tried adding a
second ConfigurationStore to system-plan.xml, and at that point the
server wouldn't start because a couple of components expected a single
ConfigurationStore thart they were provided via GBean references.  It
sounds as if you're proposing that each Deployer be configured with a
more specific reference so that there's a 1-1 relationship between
Deployers and ConfigurationStores, whereas I was thinking more along
the lines of a single Deployer that knew about multiple configuration
stores.  Your idea sounds fine, but what's the mechanism at runtime
that chooses which deployer to use based on the target?

I'm guess I'm not clear on the relationship between the
configurationManager and the Deployer(s).  When I looked at the
backtrace from the Deployer.deploy() method I didn't see the
ConfigurationManager in it.  Does the configurationManager have an
opportunity to delegate certain ConfigurationStores to certain
Deployers?

Thanks,
Toby