geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: An issue about TomcatGeronimoRealm
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:43:21 GMT
2005/12/30, Jian Liao <norwaywoods@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your respond! If the request url is:
> http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/, and getServletName() return "default",
> TomcatGeronimoRealm will use this name and role to construct a
> WebRoleRefPermission instance to be evaluated. Evaluation result is always
> false.

Hi.

How is it with Jetty? Does it work any better?

Just an idea: is there a way to set up the webapp, so that "default"
(which is the return value) would match?

> I think getServletName() should return "jetspeed", and then my configuration
> in web.xml can make JACC  evaluation successfully.

Probably. Would you give it a try and see how it works? You work with
the binary release, don't you? You'd have to pull down the sources (or
just a part of them) and try it out. I can't wait till you respond
it's fixed ;) That'd be awesome.

> - Jian Liao

Jacek