geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.0 Status: IRC Report
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2005 23:37:49 GMT
Guys,

Please let matt come back and speak for himself :)

-- dims

On 12/18/05, Geir Magnusson Jr. <geirm@apache.org> wrote:
> release as what?  rc1 or 1.0?
>
>
> On Dec 18, 2005, at 6:16 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
>
> > Alan, Matt, and I spoke about the release on IRC.  Matt's thoughts
> > are:
> >
> > 1. integrate the shell script changes to reduce verbosity. Matt thinks
> > this is important because its a customer's first impression and an
> > ECHO OFF is fairly trivial (famous last words)
> > 2. Integrate the fixes from JGenender for clustering since this is
> > such a big thing for users and this was advertised to folks.  The
> > change looks reasoinalbe...doesn't seem to risk TCK testing and if it
> > doesn't work we're no worse off than we are now
> > 3. (Aaron paraphrasing) Include the simple security patch to reject
> > logins if web.xml has security settings but the Geronimo plan is not
> > provided or does not have security settings.  The proposal to change
> > our Jetty system to use a "default" realm with no users in it has a
> > higher risk of breaking something (plus, it's not ready).
> > 4. Tag and cut a set of binaries tonight and start a TCK run
> >
> > Alan thought we should TCK and release the build that Matt made last
> > night.  I thought that we should integrate the changes above and TCK
> > and release that.
> >
> > At the end of the conversation Matt asked me to summarize the
> > conversation and said of the 4-step plan above: "you can give it my +1
> > and barring core dumps in Java this is it.   I'll build tonight and
> > ask David Blevins to start the TCK on it".
> >
> > After that John Sisson pointed out that we have not fixed the issue of
> > spaces in the names of certain files in the documentation.
> >
> > I'm not totally clear whether Matt wanted more input or whether he's
> > made his final decision as release manager, but I would assume that if
> > anyone feels strongly that the plan above is a mistake then they
> > should speak up right away.  :)
> >
> > Thanks,
> >     Aaron
>
> --
> Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437
> geirm@apache.org
>
>
>


--
Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/blogs/

Mime
View raw message