geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Confluence Setup
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 03:24:05 GMT
FYI, I imported the GERONIMO space from:

     http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/

I suggest that we reorganize this content into another space(s).  I
created a USERGUIDE10 and ADMINGUIDE10 space... not sure if we want
to segregate the docs like that, but I think that we should be the
documentation into a separate space from the main site space (similar
to how Confluence docs are http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/
CONF20/Confluence+2.0+Home).

So right now there is:

MAIN - The main site space, this is kind of a facade over the rest of
the spaces
DEV - Space for development/developers content
SANDBOX - Where people can freely play with wiki markup
INT - Internal space for common images, etc, not directly accessible
by normal users

And these guys too:

GERONIMO - The imported space as mentioned above
USERGUIDE10 - Empty
ADMINGUIDE10 - Empty

I'm not sure that we need a separate user vs. admin guide right
now... so perhaps we can just collect all of the documentation into a
DOC10 or GUIDE10 space or something.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

I was also thinking of adding a simple glossary and knowledge-base
space and/or faq space, that would auto-generate listings for pages
added and provide simple navigation (similar to http://
confluence.atlassian.com/display/DISC/Home).

--jason