geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Geronimo BOF at ApacheCon : Tuesday, Dec 13, 2005 - 8:30pm
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 15:45:06 GMT
We have a BOF slot at ApacheCon 2005.  We have 60 minutes, so I'd
like to see if we can pre-plan what we do and structure it a bit.
Aaron was interested in presenting something, and I'm sure others are
as well.

So maybe we do something like 2-3 10 minute slots for formal
presentations.

I'd really like to try doing "Geronimo Lightning Talks".  It would
work like this :

1) Anyone interested in speaking for 5 (five) minutes on any topic
related to Geronimo, serious or funny, technical or not, will put
their name on a slip of paper into a hat.  I'll bring a hat.

2) We choose names at random from the hat, and when your name is
called, you have 5 minutes to talk, including the time to get to the
front.

3) At the 5 minute mark, you will leave the front or be manhandled
off stage by our documentation goons.

You can do this in pairs.  Humor is appreciated.  Any topic is
welcome, but please have some [tenuous] relationship to Geronimo.

If you aren't used to talking in public, this is a great chance to
try it.  It's only for 5 minutes, it gets people a chance to know you
and what you are doing, and it really is an informal, fun setting...

Thoughts?

geir

geirm@apache.org