geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Chan" <cc...@spikesource.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] Installer: Default Web Container Selection
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 22:11:39 GMT
>From a user's point of view, as long as I have a choice, I'm happy - but if
my vote does count for anything, here is my vote.

[X] Make Tomcat the default web container install selection

- Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Daughtrey [mailto:erikd@schemacity.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:08 AM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: [Vote] Installer: Default Web Container Selection

The installer  should make either Tomcat or Jetty the default selection.
The
operator can always override and select the other.
Vote:
[  ] Make Jetty the default Web Container install selection

[  ] Make Tomcat the default web container install selection

 We may run out of time before the votes can be tallied. For that reason,
I'm
making the default Jetty unless someone can provide a good reason why it
shouldn't be.

FYI - it's been decided that installation of both web containers via the
installer will not be allowed.  Manual configuration of both is possible
though.
--

Regards,

Erik