geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Loose end #1 -- tomcat configuration files
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:04:12 GMT
I now have servers for jetty and for tomcat built using the packaging
and assembly plugins.  For the second time I've spent 2 days trying to
figure out why tomcat is broken only to realize that some required
configuration files are missing.  The server built in modules/assembly
copies the files from the tomcat module, whereas I have simply included
them in the geronimo-tomcat-j2ee assembly.  Both of these solutions are
really unsatisfactory.

How about writing a gbean that copies resources out of its classpath
and into a specified location (in var)?  This would let us package
these files in the geronimo-tomcat car so they would be available for
any tomcat server.  Can anyone see a problem with this approach?

thanks
david jencks