geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Proposal: apache-wide specs project
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 08:43:42 GMT
Many people have talked on and off about setting up an apache-wide
specs project.  With the recent move to separate our copies of the
specs and build them with maven 2 perhaps this is a good time to try to
get this started.

Here are some steps we could take:

-Identify projects with java spec implementations in them.  They
include at least:
   geronimo
   tomcat
   pluto (have already expressed interest)
   axis
   scout (?)

--Approach the projects to see if they are interested

--Appropriate the M2 groupId org.apache.specs

--Based on the support we get  proposing a new top level project.  This
is going to be an unusual project in that it's expected that changes
will only take place when new specs come out :-)

We could all start using the groupId org.apache.specs even before an
actual project was set up.  This might just cause confusion though.

Thoughts?

many thanks
david jencks