geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Any objections to new configId format?
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:11:07 GMT

On Nov 28, 2005, at 6:02 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I object if you can't use an "arbitrary URI" configId
> as a parentId, assuming you're using neither the assembly plugin nor
> the packaging plugin.  As in, you deploy a configuration with an
> arbitrary URI using the command-line deployer or the console deployer,
> then another one that depends on the first one.  Please make sure that
> works before you commit the changes.

I ran a section of the tck that uses other tck configurations as
parents, and it all worked fine.

I'd like to reemphasize more specifically that this change includes the
dependency tags, and that one effect is that you have to put jars into
the geronimo repository according to its structure.  Yesterday someone
said they had put a jar in the geronimo repo at foo/foo-1.0.jar.  This
will no longer work: you will need to put the jar in the repo at
foo/jars/foo-1.0.jar and refer to it as

<dependency>
    <uri>foo/foo/1.0/jar</uri>
</dependency>

or

<dependency>
    <groupId>foo</groupId>
    <artifactId>foo</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
</dependency>

IMO this is a very good thing as it allows us to change the internal
structure of the repository without breaking applications.  e.g. we
could use a maven 2 structured repo.

thanks
david jencks