geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Configuration start order
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:56:21 GMT

On Nov 30, 2005, at 8:44 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

>> I don't think it's possible
>> to move security as a parent of j2ee-server and still have the tck
>> test
>> what we ship.
>
> Why's that?

Roughly speaking, because the security service gbean installs the
security policy and the security policy class has to be in the
classpath of the configuration holding the security service gbean.  So,
whenever a user wishes to use a different security policy, they need to
  modify the security  configuration.  If the security configuration is
a parent of the basic configurations such as j2ee-server, they will
need to replace all of those as well.

> I would think we should put the common security plumbing
> (JaasLoginManager, etc.) in the core parent path, and leave specific
> realms out (that is, in separate configurations).  Would that cause
> problems with the TCK?

yes
> Or would that not fix the original problem
> because you'd still need a dependency between your WAR and the
> configuration holding the specific realm?

I think it would fix the original problem, but prevent us from running
the tck.

thanks
david jencks