geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: globalJNDINAME & global-jndi-name
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 19:38:07 GMT

On Nov 2, 2005, at 10:59 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> It looks like there used to be an attribute (globalJNDIName) once that
> was set on the GBeans for objects like connectors.  This would be
> specified in the plan for the connector using the <global-jndi-name>
> element.  This name was supposed to be globally unique in G so that
> the item (connector or whatever) could be referenced from client
> applications.
>
> We have several places in the web console that are broken now because
> the code assumes this is set on the gbeans to display for a connector
> and/or to specify it when a new connector is created.
>
> I really don't know much about connectors.  Was the globalJNDName
> replaced by something else that we should reference?

no, it was removed as a bad idea/implementation
> Or, should the console simply stop retrieving, setting, and displaying
> this attribute (and jndiName which is often set from the
> globalJNDIName)?

We should not display or access a "global jndi name" at this time.
jndi names an application might use must be specified in the app dd and
may be mapped to a gbean automatically or with help from a geronimo
plan.  I don't see how the console could display any useful info about
a connector jndi name except in context of a particular application
using it.

>   Patches have been contributed that just ignore the field but I'm not
> sure if that is the right fix.

Deleting all references to it would be a good idea.

thanks
david jencks