geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Binary images for Geronimo 1.0?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 21:02:17 GMT
If footprint with both containers is not a problem, then I like your
"Minimum" scenario with a slight twist. The user has the option to choose.
But if he doesn't (want to) choose, we choose one by default.
 This default chosen one is what we think a majority of users use. This will
help in the rapid out-of-the-box installation of G. This will also help
those users who don't know/care about the containers. But the few who'd
prefer a different container can always specify their choice. This is an
all-inclusive option.
 There should also be documentation on how they can switch to the other
container.
 Now all this looks good provided footprint is not a problem when both the
containers are installed.
 Cheers
Prasad.