geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: WARN [SilentStartupMonitor] Unable to start ... (starting) - SOLVED
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:40:01 GMT

On Nov 10, 2005, at 4:16 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>> I think you have an unsatisfied reference in your generic security
>> realm.
>
> Thanks Dave! It took me additional 2 days when I finally figured out
> that a wrong GBean is looked up. I had to use the following reference
> configuration to get it working.
>
>   <reference name="LoginService">
>     <module>org/apache/geronimo/Security</module>
>     <name>JaasLoginService</name>
>   </reference>
>
> Otherwise the module was assigned with
> org/apache/geronimo/PetStoreSecurity1.3.2. I wonder whether or not
> it's intended. Could you elaborate on it a little?

That's expected.  When you specify only some components of a gbean name
in a reference, the other components are determined from the context.
For everything except j2eeType this means they are copied from the
gbean that has the reference.  So, in particular, the module will be
the same as the module of the gbean with the reference.  The j2eeType
is determined by explicitly setting it in the GBeanReference object
when constructing the GBeanInfo.

thanks
david jencks