geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ and other runtime memory leaks identified by DayTrader
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:12:20 GMT
I posted to the ActiveMQ dev list last week (I see that Dain did, also)
regarding http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1155. I haven't had
a response, yet.

I did a little more digging through a HEAPDUMP that was generated at the
time of the OutOfMemoryException. It shows that there were over 150,000
ActiveMQSession objects. By my calculations they were responsible for over
300 megs of a 512 meg heap.

Since there was quite a bit of memory left-over, I looked for more likely
culprits. I see a large number of objects being held by the DB2 driver. I'm
working on resolving these...

Quite possible that there are other problems. However, the signal-to-noise
ration is pretty low. I'm going to wait for progress on the above issues
before exploring further...

--kevan