geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From si...@godik.com
Subject battling the size of the combined deployment plan
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:09:17 GMT
The preferred method of deployment is to have deployment plan that is external to the module.

For the non-trivial ear deployment plan gets too big quickly (see daytrader app for example)

I can think of 2 ways to make combined plan more managable.
1. Have a deployment plan template and write a preprocessor that assembles one plan from individual
plans

2. Put individual deployment plans in a jar and submit module + plan-jar to the deployer.
We can reuse alt-dd scheme but instead of being included in the meta-inf of the ear it will
be passed in as a separate jar.

I'll open jira on these items
Simon