geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From si...@godik.com
Subject Re: loose ends: is deployment plan a secret?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:30:51 GMT
Hi David,

I'd like to use gbean permissions. Gbean permission would be tied to the codebase and gbean
name (so it's not tied to authenticated subject). Protected resource would be alias name,
and action would be read.

For vault administration I can do subject-based authorization check.

At deployment time (or later) policy statement must be defined that grants access to the alias
for the specific gbean. Hopefully we can have some reasonable defaults.

Even if somebody wants to encrypt all their secrets before they are included into the plan,
they still need a vault to save encryption key.

Hopefully it would be not too complicated to work with...

I was thinking about login into the vault but it does not seem to fit very well here.

Simon