geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: How to identify a JIRA with a patch.
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 22:18:14 GMT
On Nov 1, 2005, at 2:04 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> Is there any way to get a view of JIRAs that have files(patches)
> attached?
>
> If not, can we begin some kind of convention?  I noticed that some
> folks have added (Patch) to the start of the title for a few
> JIRAs.  Do you think that would be helpful?
>
> I image it must be a pain for the committers to get a view of the
> available patches.
>
> Any other suggestions?  Anybody how other projects manage this?

This just occurred to me, but I wonder if we couldn't add a "patch"
custom field, which would be even better than knowing which jira
items have files attached (as that's not even possible anyway).

Assuming everyone used it, it would be really easy to find and report
them then.

Not exactly sure how custom fields work in JIRA, but I just noticed
it glancing through the docs just now (http://www.atlassian.com/
software/jira/docs/v3.3.2/customfields/overview.html)

-David