geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: publish_build.sh converted to ant
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:29:40 GMT

On Nov 10, 2005, at 9:59 AM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Check out the ant files for the work publish_build.sh used to do.
> It does almost everything except for the remote cleanup <target
> name="cleanupRemote">. I'm still thinking about a nice clean way of
> doing this. Executing a remote script (ant or other) is one of the
> thoughts. Let me know what you think.

I gave it a whirl.  Didn't quite work as-is on my machine.  Couple
notes for you:

   1. It has maven.bat hardcoded in there.  Maybe you could make the
path to the maven executable a property.

   2. The svn info command doesn't seem to work on URLs (i.e. http://
svn.apache.org/..../).  Seems to just report the version and other
info of your working copy.  I can't see any other way to get the
version other than what I was doing, so I put that one-liner in a
script in my home dir that you can hit from the ant script:
        http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/gbuild/svnversion.cgi

Now that I think about it, you might want that version in a
properties file format.  Let me know if you do or what else you need.

Looks great so far!

-David