geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: AMD Opteron Equipment for Development/Testing
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 00:56:00 GMT
On Nov 15, 2005, at 4:29 PM, MacDonald, Kyle wrote:

> AMD will be providing (4) 2P AMD Dual Core Opteron based systems to
> help
> with dev, testing and QA.
>
> In addition we will be happy to have our Java team assist with
> development support issues around x86-64 and multi-core.
>
> Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help Geronimo.
>
> Kyle

Very excellent!  We could certainly use the hardware in gbuild.

Your timing couldn't be any better as I am very nearly finished with
a JMS-based, distributed, build system.  It's an extension of
Continuum that runs as an agent and pulls work from a jms queue, runs
it, and pushes the result onto a jms topic.  We should be maxing out
the capacity of the machines in the gbuild network very soon.  This
will make a huge difference!

When do you expect the machines will be online?

-David