geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajith.attapa...@redknee.com>
Subject RE: [Geronimo] Clustering
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 00:28:33 GMT

Jeff,

We maybe able to leverage the Apache Directory for the underlying JNDI
aspect of it (I will look in to this, but might need help)

How about the policy management portion of clustering service??
For ex
Clustering strategy
======================
Whether to use Sticky vs Random vs other load balancing mechanisms or
are we allowing the user to choose a strategy from above.

We can represent each clustering strategy as a GBean which the user can
pick from (under the Clustering services GBean, I assume you have the
whole clustering feature represented as a GBean ).

So if somebody is not happy about the clustering strategy then simply
write there own and add that as a GBean.

Of course we will have to come up with a neat API for exposing the
aspects that should be open for improvement.

This will also help us to come up with better clustering strategies
later on in the future without a major impact on the code base.

What are your thoughts on this??? Everybody please help with ideas :)

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu.