geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [consolidation] next steps?
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 21:18:52 GMT
This is an area of much confusion. This may help (or it may not :)

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200508.mbox/%3c42EEFFBA.9030901@dslextreme.com%3e
(tiny: http://tinyurl.com/8fcx6)

Basic gist, as I understand (IANAL): the copyright is not assigned to
the ASF, but licensed to the ASF. This is done through a software
grant form.

If anyone is interested in this, you should review the thread above
and join the legal-discuss list which is open to all committers to ask
questions.

HTH,
Brett