geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: WARN [SilentStartupMonitor] Unable to start ... (starting)
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 07:29:55 GMT
I think you have an unsatisfied reference in your generic security
realm.  Its much easier to see what is going on with the sercurity
realm configuration if you use the xml-reference form to include the
login module configurations inside your security realm gbean config.

I agree the first problem causes the second.

Here's an example config with 2 login modules:
     <gbean name="client-properties-realm"
         class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.GenericSecurityRealm">
         <attribute name="realmName">client-properties-realm</attribute>
         <xml-reference name="LoginModuleConfiguration">
             <lc:login-config
xmlns:lc="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/loginconfig">
                 <lc:login-module control-flag="REQUIRED"
server-side="true">

<lc:login-domain-name>client-properties-realm</lc:login-domain-name>

<lc:login-module-
class>org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.PropertiesFileLoginMo
dule</lc:login-module-class>
                     <lc:option
name="usersURI">var/security/users.properties</lc:option>
                     <lc:option
name="groupsURI">var/security/groups.properties</lc:option>
                 </lc:login-module>
                 <lc:login-module control-flag="REQUIRED"
server-side="true">
                     <lc:login-domain-name>default</lc:login-domain-name>

<lc:login-module-
class>org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.NamedUPCredentialLoginModule</
lc:login-module-class>
                     <lc:option
name="org.apache.geronimo.jaas.NamedUPCredentialLoginModule.Name">defaul
t</lc:option>
                 </lc:login-module>
             </lc:login-config>
         </xml-reference>
         <reference name="ServerInfo">
             <module>org/apache/geronimo/ClientSystem</module>
             <name>ServerInfo</name>
         </reference>
         <reference name="LoginService">
             <name>JaasLoginService</name>
         </reference>
     </gbean>

This is from an app-client config so some of the references include
client-side module names which will not work on the server.

thanks
david jencks