geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Proposed changes to plan elements related to classloaders.
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:35:01 GMT
It's become apparent recently that some of the elements in our plans
related to classloading are a bit confusing.  In particular, there is
an include element that no one is sure what is for and is not used, and
a similarly named import element that is like the parentId, only better
:-).  Also the lists of special classes for the classloader are in
between the import and dependency elements.

I'd like to change the schema for all plans to use this:

     <xs:group name="classloader-infoGroup">
         <xs:sequence>
             <xs:element ref="sys:parent" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
             <!--            <xs:element name="include"
type="sys:dependencyType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>-->
             <xs:element ref="sys:dependency" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
             <xs:element ref="sys:hidden-classes" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
             <xs:element ref="sys:non-overridable-classes" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
         </xs:sequence>
     </xs:group>

The differences are that:

import is renamed parent.  This seems less confusing to me.  I can
support backwards compatibility in most plans, although perhaps not
plain gbean plans.

include is removed.

the class lists are moved to the end.  This makes more sense to me, in
that first we have the info on what goes into the current classloader
in the way of parents and contents, and then we have the modifications
to that list.

Comments?

thanks
david jencks