geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject m2: flushing out our dependencies
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 02:52:28 GMT
So it's become pretty clear to me after trying to use m2 in gbuild
with a dependency on activemq that we have quite a lot of work ahead
of us flushing out valid pom.xml files for all our dependencies and
our dependency's dependencies.  I had always assumed the largest
barrier to entry on m2 was the plugins, but the dependency-war is
proving to be a huge battle.

At first blush, it's clear we have dependencies that aren't in the m2
repo and dependencies that are in the repo but with bad pom.xml
files.  It's going to be a lot of work to get a list of what needs to
be taken care of in regards to dependencies (what's missing, what's
bad) and even more work to fix each one and it's downstream
dependencies.

I personally don't have time to deal with it, but am posting as it's
a huge issue we should be looking at and am really hoping some people
(committer or not) will pop up and volunteer to help.

Again, there is little advantage to being a Geronimo committer for
this task as the bulk of the work is flushing out dependencies which
are all external by nature.  A sense of adventure, spare time, and
willingness to go knock on the doors of other projects on behalf of
Geronimo is all you need.

Any volunteers?  The more the better.  It'd be nice if someone could
put together a list and divide the work up.

-David