geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [consolidation] next steps?
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 15:29:28 GMT
On 11/7/05, Geir Magnusson Jr. <geirm@apache.org> wrote:

> >> I was told there was no way for someone to assign copyrights to the
> >> ASF.  Has this changed and if so where is the form?
> >>

> > That's a question for Noel. Let's allow him (or someone else in the
> > know) some time to respond.
>
> No, the copyright isn't assigned to the ASF.  The original author
> retains copyright.  However, they do provide a copyright license to
> us through the Software Grant or CCLA+SG.

Even beyond the requirements of incubation, there exists a whole host
of issues surrounding the use of code with a license other than AL. I
know that ServiceMix  and WADI integrate such code. So how is this to
be sorted out? For example, I know that the ASF has a long-standing
policy on the use of GPL compatibility:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html

In addition to the whole GPL can of worms, how about the TranQL
requirement for Oracle and DB2 JDBC drivers?

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/