geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Old branches (was: Old tags in Geornimo)
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 17:18:57 GMT

> I suggest next time we are creating a milestone, preview or tag only
> (unsupported) release, we don't create the temp branch in branches.

I respectfully disagree with this idea and my reasons are simple -
tags are meant to mark a point in time and *should not change* (i.e.,
commits to a tag should not happen). If a tag needs to change (i.e.,
something needs to be committed to it) then that tag figuratively
becomes a branch (and should therefore be moved to the branches dir).

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/