geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Building the geronimo servers using the packaging and assembly plugins
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 21:55:22 GMT

On Nov 29, 2005, at 1:39 PM, Dave Colasurdo wrote:

> What is the status of the new packaging and assembly plugins?  I see
> they are checked in ..but also notice that the generated images are
> still missing some pieces (e.g. most of the /bin directory)..

Right.  I have a lot of the tck working with this new build, and I'm
working on finishing up the configid change and hope to check it in
later today (I was aiming for yesterday).  I want to make sure the
required functionality is working before spending a lot of time on
things like scripts and integrating the build better.
> Will we be using the new scheme (which includes each applications
> having it's own container specific project under configs) as the
> default for creating the v1 binaries?

Unless something goes disasterously wrong, yes.
> Will this replace the current default behavior for a top down build?

> Wondering whether modules/assembly/ still needs to be updated to
> pickup the examples or whether /configs and /assemblies will replace
> these?

IMO modules/assembly will be going away soon.  I would try to wait for
the configid change before making a lot more configs/ projects to
deploy the samples.

david jencks

View raw message