geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Any objections to new configId format?
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:00:03 GMT
I have a large number of changes on my machine related to the proposed
new configId format and I would like to commit them before they get out
of sync.

To review, it is a URI of the form

groupId/artifactId/version/type

where type is "car" for configurations.  The same format is used for
dependencies, although the type is "jar".  In plans, you can always use
the expanded form

<import>
    <groupId>foo</groupId>
    <type>car</type>
    <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
</import>

or for dependencies

<dependency>
    <groupId>foo</groupId>
    <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
</dependency>

It is definitely possible to use an arbitrary URI for a configId,
although I don't know how successful using an arbitrary uri for a
parentId will be.  While you could use the packaging plugin with a
configId of some other format, I don't think the assembly plugin would
be able to find it.

Are there any objections to my committing this sometime monday
afternoon or evening?

thanks
david jencks