geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Any objections to new configId format?
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:00:03 GMT
I have a large number of changes on my machine related to the proposed
new configId format and I would like to commit them before they get out
of sync.

To review, it is a URI of the form

where type is "car" for configurations.  The same format is used for
dependencies, although the type is "jar".  In plans, you can always use
the expanded form

or for dependencies

It is definitely possible to use an arbitrary URI for a configId,
although I don't know how successful using an arbitrary uri for a
parentId will be.  While you could use the packaging plugin with a
configId of some other format, I don't think the assembly plugin would
be able to find it.

Are there any objections to my committing this sometime monday
afternoon or evening?

david jencks

View raw message