geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Proposed changes to plan elements related to classloaders.
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:58:32 GMT
This sounds great!

Please further split out the data types so they're not all
dependencyType (even though they all have URIs or maven chunks).
Let's have one type where URI means a configID, and a separate type
where URI means an index into the local repository.  Maybe they could
just be called configIDType and repositoryEntryType.  Even if the
contents are the same, they have different meanings and we can
document them accordingly in the schema.

Also, "parent" sounds pretty clear as to what it is, but "dependency"
doesn't necessarily (isn't a parent kind of a dependency?).  It might
be nice to try to think of a name to use instead of "dependency" that
says "code to add to the classloader for the current module", like
maybe "additional-jar"?

Thanks,
    Aaron