geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject Updated Database Pool Portlet -- Now Featuring Downloading!
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 05:13:34 GMT
So now the new database pool portlet can download drivers into the
repository for you.  If you select "Add a new database pool" then pick
a name and product and hit Next, and then select "Download a Driver"
it'll give you a list of the some of the drivers I found to be
directly downloadable.  If you select one, it'll put it right into the
repository and then select it for you back on the previous screen.
The available drivers at present are:

HSQLDB 1.7.3 & 1.8.0
MaxDB/SAP DB JDBC drivers for 7.5 & 7.6
McKoi 1.0.3
MySQL Connector/J 3.0 & 3.1
PostgreSQL 7.3, 7.4, 8.0, & 8.1
Sybase jConnect 5.5 & 5.6
jTDS for SQL Server 1.1 & 1.2

All the config parameters are controlled by a file it downloads from
my page, though I put it in the Geronimo site too so
once that replicates we can switch over.  (Do we need to tell someone
to replicate it?)  In any case, we'll be able to update the config
file to add new drivers or update point releases/download URLs as

Thanks to Bruce for the idea!

P.S. If anyone's looking for something to do, right now the download
status only shows on the server's stdout and it would be cool to have
an AJAX page that updates the status for the user periodically until
the download finishes.

View raw message