geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Hot Deploy...
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:20:55 GMT
> Yes, I figured it defaulted to one of the containers ... the question
> was "how does it choose" and can it be overridden?  For applications
> like the web console which has two instances deployed this is kind of
> important to understand. :-)

It chooses based on the namespace in the geronimo-web.xml, and if that
uses the generic namespace, it chooses based on a property set on one
of the deployment GBeans that says what the default web deployer is (I
forget which one, but djencks would know or you can look in
config.xml).  The behavior there is 100% identical to if you deploy
with the deploy tool (either way, something has to figure which web
container to use).

Aaron