geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [vote] gbuild subproject
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 21:09:51 GMT

On Nov 1, 2005, at 3:32 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> <aside>
> next time, can you put the old subject in the subject like "[vote]
> foo (was :  what do you thing about foo?)" as I think this will be
> a confusing thing in mail archives later...
> </aside>

Will do.

> I do think it's a great idea to have a place for Geronimo-centric
> build scripts and related documentation.  And a subproject is fine,
> because I think of that as a way of neatly organizing the project
> to make it easy for people to find things, and for us to manage
> things.
>
> But I don't really understand what gbuild is yet.  Is this really
> Geronimo-centered, or broader with Geronimo as a piece?

Pretty much what you describe above.  A very generic, Geronimo-
centric, build/test initiative.  The idea is still pretty soft and
what we do in it is really up to us.  No master plan other than
building/testing has been a bane on the project since day one and
this is an attempt to get a lot of momentum behind solving that
problem in a community-lead fashion.

I'm really excited to see where we can take it and what we can make
from it all.

> Was there any thought given to Ken's suggestion of working with
> Gump since they do similar things?

I'm personally happy to work with anyone.  We are working really
closely with Continuum already.

> If this is appropriate for G, I have no problem with a subproject,
> and hope you can answer the question above.
>
> +1

Great!

Thanks,
David