geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Constructing deployment plans from Configuration GBeanData
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:59:08 GMT

On Nov 16, 2005, at 4:10 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:

> I am trying to reconstruct deployment plan from the Configuration
> GBeanData.

umm, why?

>  I have a code segment like the following.
>     ObjectName configName =
> Configuration.getConfigurationObjectName(configId);
>     GBeanData configData = kernel.getGBeanData(configName);
>
>  Once I have the GBeanData object, I am retreiving the attributes,
> references & any GBeans inside the configuration and printing out the
> information.  With this procedure, I am able to reconstruct the
> deployment plan for some, but not all :(, of the configurations in
> Geronimo. Is there any other way of getting deployment plan out of
> configuration GBeanData object?

this will probably work for gbeans that came from a configuration
directly, rather than e.g. an ejb container gbean, and that do not have
any xml-attributes.  I don't think you will succeed in generating a
gbean configuration for something like an ejb container.  Again, what
is your goal?  This is very much akin to writing a java disassembler.

thanks
david jencks