geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] sponsor ActiveMQ & ServiceMix to become sub-projects of Geronimo
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:56:32 GMT
On 18 Nov 2005, at 17:50, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> [ ] +0 = I don't mind either way
>
> ServiceMix folks have not shown much interest in any WS projects at
> Apache though I have seen their interest in so many non-Apache WS
> projects including Celtix and JAX-WS  RI (example see
> http://mail-archive.objectweb.org/celtix-dev/2005-08/msg00112.html).

We're waiting patiently for JAX-WS support in Axis before we can use
it along with the other 2 JAX-WS implementations. Using SAAJ was a no
brainer for Axis 1 and didn't require any email traffic since it all
just worked.

> don't really know why Axis and Synapse are mentioned on the proposal.

We've already said before on the incubator list that we'd like to add
JBI support to Synapse and ensure that we can deploy Synapse inside
ServiceMix as a JBI component. Also when there's a working JAX-WS
provider in Axis we'll give it a good going over in ServiceMix as
well. That's just for starters; who knows what other collaboration
there might be with other WS projects in the future.

> Anyway, Best of luck with incubation.

Thanks!

James
-------