geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB Question
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:16:31 GMT
On Nov 17, 2005, at 4:35 AM, Manu George wrote:

> Hi,
>         In the class
> org.openejb.deployment.AbstractContainerBuilder there is a method
>
>     protected SoftLimitedInstancePool createInstancePool
> (InstanceFactory instanceFactory) {
>         return new SoftLimitedInstancePool(instanceFactory, 1);
>     }
>
> What pool is this? Is this the pool of Enterprise bean instances.

This is the pool of ready instances

> Why is it set to 1?

I don't remember why this is set to one.  This pool implementation is
very simple.  It is not pre-filled, and the pool only grows when
there are  concurrent requests for the same ejb.  The pool does hold
hard references to the instances and does not have any automatic
release mechanism, so a very very large number would be a bad idea.

How about we make the default 50?

> Where in the code is the parameter  set  for the  pool size for
> EJB  (Stateful or  Entity).

I have no idea.  Anyone, know if this is configurable?

-dain