geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Configuration start order
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:31:04 GMT

On Nov 29, 2005, at 7:52 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> I think it should go in the j2ee-server plan.  IMHO the security
> should be available for all web apps, whether its used or not.  I
> think it will be a PITA if every web app requires that import.

I strenuously object to foisting security onto every configuration
whether or not it is wanted.  A more appropriate solution is to make
the security builder into a real gbean and let it add to the parentId
if it is called.  Please don't push us back into the miasma of a single
plan.

I also hope you will correct the configId before you commit.

thanks
david jencks