geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: error in geronimo-connector-1.0.xsd
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:24:38 GMT
I added <xsd:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd"/> and reran validation
and the following 2 errors did go away:

(1) Error resolving component 'xml:lang'. It was detected that
'xml:lang' is in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace', but
components from this namespace are not referenceable from schema
document
'file:///Users/sppatel/workspaces/runtime-workbench-workspace/a/schema/geronimo-security-1.1.xsd'.

If this is the incorrect namespace, perhaps the prefix of 'xml:lang'
needs to be changed. If this is the correct namespace, then an
appropriate 'import' tag should be added to
'file:///Users/sppatel/workspaces/runtime-workbench-workspace/a/schema/geronimo-security-1.1.xsd'.

geronimo-security-1.1.xsd    a/schema    line 80    November 30, 2005
12:20:39 PM    10

(2) The content of 'descriptionType' is invalid.  Element 'attribute' is
invalid, misplaced, or occurs too often.    geronimo-security-1.1.xsd
a/schema    line 80    November 30, 2005 12:20:39 PM    11

Are you running with WTP which comes with the XML validators? Then you
would right click on the resource and run "validation".  Or are you
running a plain vanilla eclipse?  I don't think plain eclipse comes with
any XML support, validators in particular.

Sachin

Jeff Genender wrote:
> Yep I tried that.  No dice.
>
> Sachin Patel wrote:
>> On the security xsd did you use <xsd:import.. rather then
>> <xs:import...?  I haven't tried with yet with
>> schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd.
>> Jeff Genender wrote:
>>> Sachin,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the links. They were helpful, and it allowed me to
>>> investigate further and Google this issue.  Yep...you are correct,
>>> the imports are not transitive...which just seems crazy to me.  Here
>>> is the link to the spec:
>>>
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-1-20041028/#src-resolve
>>>
>>> In particular... 3.15.3(4.2.2)
>>>
>>> Its not so clear...you have to read it several times to get that the
>>> transitivity does not exist.  Based on majority consensus of this
>>> issue, it appears you are correct.
>>>
>>> So you have changed my mind ;-)
>>>
>>> Are you getting this to clear up the security xsd?  I still have
>>> problems there.
>>>
>>> Jeff

schema is

with the