geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configuration start order
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:00:29 GMT

David Jencks wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2005, at 7:52 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>
>> I think it should go in the j2ee-server plan.  IMHO the security
>> should be available for all web apps, whether its used or not.  I
>> think it will be a PITA if every web app requires that import.
>
> I strenuously object to foisting security onto every configuration
> whether or not it is wanted.  A more appropriate solution is to make the
> security builder into a real gbean and let it add to the parentId if it
> is called.  Please don't push us back into the miasma of a single plan.

What ever the solution, forcing an import in each plan is a bit much.
If you have a better solution, lets implement it (probably post 1.0?).
But I am as much against forcing the import in the plans as it will open
up a lot of potential issues/JIRAs down the road.  The import will be
very easy to forget in the plan as we are now encountering.