geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: error in geronimo-connector-1.0.xsd
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:49:00 GMT
Still trying to hunt down an official statement in the specification,
couldn't find it at first glance, but in the meantime I did find other
postings..

http://www.idealliance.org/papers/dx_xmle03/papers/03-04-03/03-04-03.html

"It should be noted that XSD imports have a little-known property: they
are not transitive."

As well as...

http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=1193&group=eclipse.technology.xsd

Jeff Genender wrote:

> Sachin Patel wrote:
>> I personally think this fix should go in, not because a particular
>> IDE or modeling tool does not tollerate it, but because its recommend
>> as best practice or required by specification.  So if its true that
>> imports aren't transitive, then the import should be added.
>
> I have to agree with DJ on this one.  If its us, then obviously we
> need to fix it.  If its eclipse, then they need to fix it.  Based on
> your statement, do you have a copy of the blurb that states the
> imports do not follow through from other imports?
>
> The fact it works in other IDEs and XMLBeans parses it, leads me to
> believe its an Eclipse issue.  In fact running a schema validation in
> Oxygen answers it as fully validated...and I tend to believe Oxygen as
> they are one of the leaders in XML/XSD toolsets.
>
> However, I am more than happy to change my views if this is truly a
> specification issue.
>
> Also, I tried that import in the security XSD, and it does not seem to
> get rid of the error.
>
> If we do need to include the import, your patch needs to be this:
>
> <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
> schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd">
>
> Your patch currently references a deprecated xsd.
>
> Jeff
>>
>> Sachin
>>
>> David Jencks wrote:

>>> Yes, and I admit to ignoring this problem since I tend to trust
>>> xmlbeans as the final arbiter of xml schema compliance.  I think we
>>> might want to ask on the xmlbeans list for their opinion.  Right now
>>> I don't have the bandwidth for it.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> david jencks

I'm