geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Daemon.doStartup() code does not call loadFailed and startFailed methods of the StartupMonitor interface
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:56:51 GMT
This one is probably for Aaron..

I am looking at the Daemon.doStartup() code and noticed that it doesn't
call the loadFailed and startFailed methods of the StartupMonitor
interface (used by the ProgressBarStartupMonitor and the
StaticStartupMonitor I am working on).

Currently the doStartup() code calls loadGBeans() and start(), and they
can throw InvalidConfigException. If that happens, the server is shut down.

Should we try to limp on if that happens and pass the exception to the
loadFailed or startFailed methods of the StartupMonitor interface or is
there a good reason why we shut down the server under these circumstances?

John