geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject backward m5 deployment capability broken
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:45:59 GMT
The deployment capability using the 1.0 snapshot deployment jars to
deploy to M5 is broken do to the following change made in
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand

In M5 the list below contained ObjectName entries

// Load and start the module
List list = configurationManager.loadRecursive(moduleID);
for (int j = 0; j < list.size(); j++) {
   ObjectName name = (ObjectName) list.get(j);

This was changed to use a list of URI's

List list = configurationManager.loadRecursive(moduleID);
for (int j = 0; j < list.size(); j++) {
   URI name = (URI) list.get(j);

This of course causing a ClassCastException at the point.

Can we introduce additional code to support backward compatibility to
M5?  How hard would this be?  I assume there are other areas like this
that also need to be fixed.  I can help out if needed.

Sachin