geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject 1.0 Status, your help needed
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:05:05 GMT
All,

Were T-11 days to December 10th.  All in all I think we're in pretty good shape
to make 1.0.  In order to better track where we're at and what's left I have
created a Wiki page.  http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Release_Management

The page contains the goals we've discussed previously, the package versions we
will include, outstanding bug fixes, etc.  This page is in flux so I'll be
posting a note to dev to update when there is a significant status change.

Please take a few minutes to review the page and post your comments.

My take on the timeline (given Thanksgiving kind of put a booger in it) is:

12/2 - Branch 1.0 release and begin TCK testing.
12/3 - 12/7 Continue testing / TCK fixes
12/8 Begin votes for 1.0 release
12/10 - declare victory

This means there are approximately 3 days left for function to be added before
we stabilize the release.  I'm a bit concerned about the compressed schedule so
thoughts, comments, etc. are appreciated.

- Matt