geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Catalino Pineda Jr." <cpin...@exist.com>
Subject Re: Who understands the LDAP login module?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 01:58:26 GMT

Jeff Genender wrote:

> Isn't this then a duplicate of what the group contains?  The group
> will have multiple (example) memberUID.  If indexed, I should be able
> to determine which groups a user belongs to.  Does this not possibly
> create a dis-joint issue?

    The purpose of such is to support directory server configurations
where group assignments are determined using an attribute rather than
putting user contexts within the group context (or they can be a
combination of both).  The option  would allow the login module to
connect to directory servers configured as such. Duplication on this
sense would be at the directory server level.

Regards,
Cata