geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Catalino Pineda Jr." <cpin...@exist.com>
Subject Re: Who understands the LDAP login module?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 01:20:30 GMT

Aaron Mulder wrote:

>For what it's worth, I think the search starts in the context
>identified by the userBase or roleBase.  Then I assume the appropriate
>subtrees flag controls whether you search only there, or there and all
>sub-contexts recursively.
>
>So other than confirmation of that and of your answers, the main one
>we're not sure of is userRoleName.  It's definitely used -- something
>to do with mucking with attributes -- but I the code isn't real clear
>to me.

    userRoleName is an attribute in the user entry which refers to a
"role/group entry"  where the user is a member of. If a value is set for
the userRoleName property in the LDAPLoginModule configuration,  the
value of the attrubue will added to the roles obtained using
userRoleName property. For an example user entry in the directory server
say,

dn: cn=user1,ou=users,dc=domain,dc=com
memberOf: cn=administrator,ou=groups,dc=domain,dc=com
memberOf: cn=publisher,ou=groups,dc=domain,dc=com

In the case above, user1 is  a member of  administrator and publisher
groups. The userRoleName property can be set to "memberOf".

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Catalino Pineda Jr.